- Tuesday, 15th January 2019
The ACCC & GMRG have worked together to identify the information deficiencies in the east coast gas market & steps that could be taken to improve transparency in the market.
- Thursday, 22nd November 2018
The legal and regulatory instruments required to give effect to the capacity trading reform package have now been made.
- Friday, 03rd August 2018
The Gas Market Reform Group has released further information on the roles the Australian Energy Market Operator and Australian Energy Regulator will have under the capacity trading reform package.
The Gas Market Reform Group (GMRG) was established by the Council of Australian Governments Energy Council in August 2016 to lead the design, development and implementation of:
- a new information disclosure and commercial arbitration framework for non-scheme pipelines;
- the capacity trading reform package, which provides for the development of a capacity trading platform, a day-ahead auction of contracted but un-nominated capacity, a reporting framework for secondary capacity trades and the development of standard terms to facilitate the trade of transmission pipeline and compression services; and
- the development of the terms of reference for the Australian Energy Market Commission’s (AEMC) biennial review on the growth in liquidity in wholesale gas and pipeline capacity trading markets.