- Monday, 19th March 2018
The public consultation on the legal and regulatory framework required to implement the capacity trading reform package is now closed.
- Wednesday, 03rd January 2018
In January 2018, the COAG Energy Council endorsed the Gas Market Reform Group’s final recommendations on the design of the day-ahead auction.
- Monday, 27th November 2017
The COAG Energy Council has agreed to the final recommendations on the design of the standardisation related reforms, capacity trading platform and reporting framework.
The Gas Market Reform Group (GMRG) was established by the Council of Australian Governments Energy Council in August 2016 to lead the design, development and implementation of:
- a new information disclosure and commercial arbitration framework for non-scheme pipelines;
- the capacity trading reform package, which provides for the development of a capacity trading platform, a day-ahead auction of contracted but un-nominated capacity, a reporting framework for secondary capacity trades and the development of standard terms to facilitate the trade of transmission pipeline and compression services; and
- the development of the terms of reference for the Australian Energy Market Commission’s (AEMC) biennial review on the growth in liquidity in wholesale gas and pipeline capacity trading markets.